The German Culture and Language Camp is a two-week program for young adults who are interested in intercultural encounters and experiences and who want to learn more about German culture and language. The Camp will take place from July 30 to August 12, 2017, in Hamburg and Berlin, Germany, and will be organized by InterCultur gGmbH (subsidiary of AFS Germany).
You are between 18–35 and are interested in intercultural topics? You have a special interest in Germany, the German culture and language, yet you have no or just basic former experience and knowledge about it? Then this program is for you!
This two-week program offers you a combination of sightseeing, language course, and intercultural education about Germany. The program will take place in Hamburg, Germany’s second largest city, located in the north of the country. During the program you will be introduced to the German language by attending basic German language classes every morning. The classes will be complemented by intercultural workshop units on German culture to raise awareness for typical German habits and peculiarities. Several excursions to museums as well as to famous cultural and historical spots in the city and its surrounding areas will let you receive an impression of the country’s cultural diversity and its multifaceted history.
A weekend trip to Berlin, the country’s capital, and setting of the country’s division and unity will complement your experiences at the German Culture & Language Camp.
During the entire program of the German Culture & Language Camp your group will be accompanied and supported by one or two experienced intercultural facilitators (depending on the group size).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
- Pick-up service at Hamburg Airport
- Accommodation in Hamburg for 13 nights in double rooms (single rooms will entail extra costs)
- Basic German language courses (40 hours)
- Intercultural workshop units on “German Culture”
- Excursions in Hamburg and to surrounding areas (incl. fees for entrance and transfer costs)
- Transfer from Hamburg to Berlin
- Accommodation in Berlin for 2 nights in double rooms (single rooms will entail extra costs)
- Excursions in Berlin and to surrounding areas (incl. fees for entrance and transfer costs)
- Transfer from Berlin to Hamburg
- Drop-off at Hamburg Airport
- Attendance of and support by experienced intercultural facilitators for the entire program (one or two, depending on group size)
- Health, accident, and liability insurance